Thursday, July 23, 2009

A Year in My Garden #3 + My New Routine



I've fallen into a routine at home. Awaken to find McD has left early yet again. A warm-only cup of tea on the unit beside the bed (McD's working far to hard and starting to look very tired  and run down).  



Latest Attempts at Photographing the BellBird





Get up and having gulped the tea and made another, I settle in front of the PC and check out the job sites for anything hopeful.. nothing today ...







Breakfast next...I've been feeling guilty at having Bacon and eggs the past 3 days..But a man all knowlegeable on Oprah said you should and its a good protein source and stops the bad habits through the day...So if OK with Oprah........Bacon is also better than turkey bacon - less salt, same cals..







Then it's decision time...Weather ok and I'm out into the garden..I'm clearing up the yard still. Still have a mountqin of pebbles to move, Pots to either sort out or plant out, wood to build raised beds to be cut and stacked or dragged up to the top of the garden for use, and general cleanup  of that part of the yard...











I'm running out of time...By we return from Holiday in 2 weeks or so it will be mass seed sowing and potato planting..and all that carry on....



a sleepy NZ native woodpigeon visited our garden ... 





Still hacking away at near-stone clay to level it for the raised beds or create paths and steps in the vegetable garden....Thats really Hard work







Spring is real close now...We've survived another winter :O)







If the weather is crappy like today, then its housework...I'm 'De-cluttering'.. Which means it's taking 3 times longer to do each room..Just how much paperwork can 1 household accumulate!!!...and then the magazines and the books we never return to the bookcase...and so on....







I broke one of McD's Ornaments :o/....Thought I would tidy up the dresser (??) with shelves she has them all in ...It was a Xmas prezzie from me... Bugger!!!!....







Anyway - by 'De-clutter' I mean move everything I was too scared to chuck out, into the spare bedroom - My Room ....So that looks just great now with piles of this and piles of that on the floor around the walls....







Which is fine but we have Sis-in-Law (and B-in-L ??) and Mum-in-L visiting in August...So someone might want to bring rope to navigate around the bedroom when they do :O) 



Oh and the cats think that room is their bedroom!!! :O)







But overall the place looks better for it where I have done..I also knocked over one of the orchid plants we have on the floor of theyellow room...No damage though...Whew..As McDs been waiting a long time now for them to flower..Still in bud you just know they will be out when we are away ....







2pm - 3pm I have a mug of soup (carrot and lentil today - can you get a less butch sounding soup!!) and watch the gameshow Crosswords...Damn I'm good at it :O)..







Then more of the same...At the end of the afternoon I've tried hard to make a cooked meal for when McD gets in...Not always successful..... 







2 comments:

Kay Cooke said...

Sounds like a good day. Poor R doesn't have the same amount of progress being done around here as I use my two days off to write only - apart from visiting my daughter Ro and the kids. No gardening gets done; not that we have one - just trees. I do cook a meal tho'!
The bellbird piccies are great - how do you get such lovely close-ups? (Methinks a good lens.)
BTW no b-i-l for Aug visit, just moi! :) (I will bring a rope!) Can't wait to see the garden.

McDinzie said...

you've been such a busy busy boy....making the house look very wonderful....I've yet to catch up with the garden as its dark when I leave for work and dark when I get home

well finally on holiday....all I have to do is unwind!!!!